Cyber Essentials is a government-backed certification helping your organisation to guard against cyber threats and reduce your risk by at least 80%. It also provides your customers and other stakeholders with peace of mind.
What is a Cyber Essentials certification?
To help combat cybercrime, the UK Government introduced the industry-backed Cyber Essentials certification scheme. There are two certifications available: Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials PLUS.
As a registered body, we’ll ensure you’re equipped to achieve the basic and advanced levels of certification.
Cyber Essentials covers the technical baseline for devices for GDPR, PCI-DSS, HIPPA and ISO27001.
A Cyber Essentials accreditation defines a set of 5 key controls that will help safeguard your business from the most common types of cyber threat and demonstrate your commitment to cyber security.
- Access control
- Malware Protection
- Secure configuration & network management
- Updating software/patching.
How can HBT help?
With the growing number of Cyber-Attacks, business Cybercrime is up 63%, UK stats show (ONS). It is fundamental for businesses to protect themselves from this type of threat.
HBT Communications are working with businesses to help them gain their Cyber essentials accreditation. We manage the process end to end to ensure you have all the procedures and systems in place.
A Cyber Essentials Accreditation will benefit your business with the following:
- Reduce Risk of an attack
- Stakeholder Assurance that you have measures in place to mitigate an attack
- Simple and Cost Effective providing a practical framework to enable good cyber hygiene measures
- Secure more business by showing credibility to existing and potential customers
- Lower insurance premiums due to increased guards as a result of certification
- Support compliance by being certified which help comply with ISO standards and GDPR.
In addition to the accreditation, we can also provide ongoing monitoring for your systems using our specialist software. Our systems monitor the following:
- Cloud-based platform enables us to manage the process and monitor the compliance status of individual devices.
- Device-based application is deployed to all devices in the organisation. The app periodically checks and reports on the compliance status of the device.
- Monitor system updates – if your systems are not updated this can make you vulnerable to viruses, this is also known as patch management.